Escaping months of routine lock-down living with a magical coastal escape to De-hoop. Just an hour off the N2 and 3 hours from Villa Palmera in Mossel Bay.
It’s a treasure-house of natural assets not to be missed on the Garden Route.
1. Go Sept-Oct for prime Southern Right whale viewing.
2. Book interpretive marine walk with Delfrenzo Laing the activity manager.
3. Don’t wear flip flops on interpretive walk as the rocks are slippery.
4. Look out for Cape Griffin vultures
5. Don’t forget to stop off go to Malgas pont – a unique way to cross Breede river.
Humans have harvested Mussels for food for thousands of years. Each mussel can filter 2-3 Lts of seawater per hour and...